ScS Head Office, Sunderland
(Roof Upgrade – Project Value £220,000.00)
ScS is one of our major clients who instructed us to advice on the possibility of converting the top floor to offices, however the main roof of this building is a lightweight steel truss construction, therefore we had to upgrade the roof structure in order to add insulation and secondary metal sheeting. Access to this building was the main challenge as it exposed to the North Sea and the scaffold had to be designed to avoid disturbance to the adjoining owners and keep the building secured.
A full range of our design and contract administration services were offered for this project including:
- Initial condition survey
- CDM 2015
- Measured survey to produce accurate as built drawings
- The preparation of construction details.
- Liaise with structural engineer to design the addition steel supports.
- Application for Building Regulation Approval.
- Invitation of tenders from suitable contractors.
- Letting and Administering the Building Contract
- Monitor work progress and sign off work on completion.